The supply industry for medical equipment is growing, and with good reason. Healthcare providers are facing an increasing demand for their services. As the population grows older, more people require specialised treatments and care. At the same time, technological advances have led to new ways of diagnosing and treating conditions that didn’t exist even a few decades ago. These advances have given birth to new medical supplies that help patients receive treatment more quickly than before.
Back and Neck Braces
Back and neck braces are used to treat acute, subacute and chronic back pain. They can also be used to treat neck pain and pain from arthritis or herniated discs.
Bathroom Safety Equipment
Bathroom safety equipment is designed to help individuals safely get in and out of the bathtub, bathe, groom, and toilet. All these devices come with a fold-away design for easy storage when not in use. The research around this equipment sheds insights into the size of the industry.
Some examples of bathroom safety equipment include:
- Bath benches are ideal for bathing or showering because they provide support while standing. They can also get used to assist with grooming and toileting activities such as brushing teeth, combing hair or washing up after using the bathroom.
- Toilet safety frames – These are used as aids when getting up from a sitting position on the toilet seat, which may be difficult due to poor balance or limited mobility. They provide stability while seated so that people can safely stand up without falling.
Bathroom safety equipment costs vary depending on the type needed.
Seat cushions help people with mobility issues sit comfortably and safely. Seat cushions can be used in different settings, such as the home or car, for people recovering from an illness or injury, or for elderly adults with arthritis in their joints. They are also great for individuals who have difficulty sitting on hard surfaces, like wheelchair users or those recovering from hip surgery.
Seat cushions should provide enough support so one’s legs stay level with their hips throughout the day.
Exam Room Equipment
- Exam table: Provides a safe and secure place for the patient to lie down.
- Stool: A stool is needed to allow patients who can walk but have difficulty standing or sitting upright. It helps them sit during examinations.
- Wheelchair: Allows disabled individuals to move around their environment.
- Wheelchair lift/ramp: A wheelchair lift is used for lifting a wheelchair into a van or other vehicle that does not have an accessible ramp system installed on it.
Patient Room Furniture
Patient room furniture gets designed to help patients feel more comfortable and to make the patient’s stay in a hospital or clinic as pleasant as possible. It can be used in hospitals, clinics, private homes, nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Medical Storage Cabinets
Medical storage cabinets get used to store and organise medical supplies. They can be made of various materials, including metal, plastic and wood. Some cabinets have locking mechanisms that prevent unauthorised access to their contents, while more than one person can access others by using keys or electronic codes.
Cabinets are available in almost any size, or shape; there is no limit on what people choose for their home medical supply storage needs.
Exploring the features of medical supplies and their uses can make their practice more efficient and effective. As a healthcare professional, it is vital to stay on top of new developments in the industry so that experts can provide the best care possible for their patients.